OnlyFans is a social media platform that allows content creators to monetize their content by sharing it with members who pay a monthly subscription fee. The most common content on the site is NSFW, however this is not a requirement, there are also many users who produce SFW content, similar to that which can be found on Patreon. This article will look at how much money you could potentially make, and the best ways to make money with an OnlyFans account.
How much money can you make on OnlyFans?
It is important to get an idea of how much money you could possibly make producing OnlyFans content. Ultimately, what you could earn depends on the quality and quantity of content that you produce. More regular, high quality content will give members more reason to sign up. Actress Bella Thorne recently earned over $1 million in one day on OnlyFans however some of the more 'average' high earners on OnlyFans have received $100,000 per year.
OnlyFans takes a 20% cut of any earnings made through the site, creators keep 80%.
If you are a new user, then you need to be realistic about how much money you could earn. First and foremost you will need to be able to offer something that fans will want to pay money for.
Before getting started you should determine how much money you would like to earn. For example if you manage to get 100 followers who sign up in the first month at $4.99, that is $500 in total, minus the 20% cut from OnlyFans and you would receive $400. Even if you only had 10 followers who signed up at $4.99, you could make $40, which is better than nothing - but at this little return you will want to decide whether or not this little money is worth the content you are creating (for example if you make NSFW material - how much you are worth is a necessary question that you need to be able to answer).
How to make money on Onlyfans?
There are several ways of making money on the platform:
- Firstly, through subscriptions, the minimum monthly cost is $4.99 and the maximum is $49.99.
- Secondly, content creators can sell access to photos, posts and videos. These can also be personal requests by members.
- Finally, creators can earn money by exchanging private messages with members.
If you are creative, there are other ways of making money on OnlyFans that are specific to the type of content you are creating. The next section will talk about this.
What type of content to post on OnlyFans?
As mentioned above, OnlyFans is not purely for NSFW content, despite having gained a reputation for it. You are able to find content on a wide range of themes. Here is a non exclusive list of the subject matter available, with examples:
- Adult Content (sell photos, videos, JOI or outfits that you’ve worn)
- Arts & Crafts (sell paintings, and tips)
- Beauty (sell beauty tutorial)
- Comedy Sketches (create unique videos for fans)
- Cooking & Recipes (sell recipes and cooking guides
- Cosplay (dress up for your fans)
- DIY Tutorials (show fans how to DIY)
- Fashion (sell tutorials and clothes)
- Influencers (create sponsored videos)
- Gaming (live streams and reviews)
- Modelling (sell photos and videos)
- Roleplay (sell experiences)
- Travel Vlogs (sponsored content, travel guides)
- Vlogs (create quality videos to sell)
- Yoga (sell yoga classes and tips)
How to add a bank account to OnlyFans?
To actually get paid once you start producing content on your page, you will need to add a bank account.
Once you have added your bank account, you will need to decide how you want to receive the money that you’ve earned. This is referred to as the payout options.
How to get started with OnlyFans?
Now that you have added your bank account you can start getting paid once OnlyFans members sign up to your monthly subscription, or pay for individual posts and videos. If you want fans to pay to access your content, then you will want to have enough content available from the start to get fans interested.
Start adding content to your profile, by making New Posts where you can share photos, videos among other things.
At an early stage you will also need to decide how much you want to charge your fans to subscribe to your page.
What are some money earning strategies on OnlyFans?
There are several different strategies you can implement to earn money. You can allow users to follow your page for free, and then ask for a monetary contribution for each photo, post or video that you upload. This option allows fans to pick and choose which content they want to enjoy. It also allows you to gain a larger amount of followers quicker who can start purchasing your material.
Alternatively you can ask for a monthly subscription which gives fans access to some content (with you still being able to offer paid content on top of the monthly subscription). For this to work, you need to continue producing high quality content that users will want to re-subscribe to month after month.
Produce unique OnlyFans content
If you already have followers from other platforms, such as Snapchat, Instagram or YouTube, offer your OnlyFans subscribers something different. You want to create specific content for your OnlyFans so that they do not feel disappointed, or misled having paid money for certain content.
If at first you don’t succeed… keep adding quality content that your subscribers, or fans will want to see. If you are really passionate about your subject matter (cooking, fashion, painting etc.) then that will be seen in what you upload to your page.
Avoid false advertising
A recent issue arose from Bella Thorne who has created an OnlyFans account (allegedly to research an acting role) and apparently earned $2 million in her first week on OnlyFans. Some fans are claiming that they were scammed after paying $200 for a photo proposing nudity, only to find there was no nudity. Possibly in reaction to this, OnlyFans has since limited the amount of money that someone can charge for a single post.
All of this just to say, avoid false advertising. Do not use click bait otherwise you will quickly lose subscribers, and disenfranchise your fans.
Additional advice from experienced OnlyFans creators
An experienced OnlyFans creator, Lena The Plug has produced a detailed YouTube video explaining how she makes money on OnlyFans as an Adult Performer. Similarly, Reno Gold has also made a video explaining how you can earn $100,000 per month, giving you an alternative perspective.
This should have been enough information to help you get started with OnlyFans. If you want to read more about OnlyFans, check out this article.
Other social media questions, check out our forum!
- How to make money on onlyfans as a woman
- What is onlyfans
- What is only fans
- Top money earning apps 2022 > Guide
- Little alchemy cheats money > Guide
- Pool payday free money > Download
- Cs 1.6 money command > Guide
- Orion stars add money > Download
- Orkut login: account, old version, Gmail account
- Hi5 login: old account, with Facebook, online, sign up
- How to get a Clubhouse invite code: free, for Android, iOS
- What is OnlyFans and how does OnlyFans work?
- What is Playsee: review, download
- Badoo lost password: how to recover it
- How to delete Classmates account
- How to use Tinder Passport: for free, feature, app
- How to verify accounts: Facebook,Twitter,Instagram,Pinterest
- How to use Clubhouse: download app, join a room, etc
- Cancel Tinder Gold: on iPhone, Android, refund
- Best apps to manage your followers on Instagram, etc.
- What is Parler platform: download app, review