Is your keyboard suddenly working only with shortcuts ? If pressing any key opens the shortcut to "Windows+that key" happens to you and, for example, pressing the 'U' key opens up the Utility Manager, and you don't know how to fix it, then keep reading.
How to fix your Windows keyboard with the CTRL+ALT+P solution?
One way of dealing with a keyboard only using shortcuts is holding CTRL+ALT+P. If this doesn’t work for you, you should try the other solutions we found.
What to do if your Windows key is physically stuck?
Holding the Windows key and pressing any other button does shortcuts for menus. In your case, the Windows key might be physically stuck down. Try to unblock it by moving it or pressing it.
What to do if sticky keys is turned on?
Sticky keys is a feature for Windows that helps people with disabilities or users who experience repetitive strain injury by reducing the movement associated with it. If this feature is turned on, then the modifier keys (CTRL, ALT, Windows key) will stay as if they are struck twice in a row. In this case, typing twice the Windows key might fix the issue.
How to manage the language options?
If none of the above works for you, you should consider following these simple steps that worked for some of our users:
- Go to the Control panel.
- Then go to the Region and Language option.
- Select Language Tab.
- Then click on Details.
- Set the default input language as English (US).
- Select US in Installed Services in Keyboard.
- Press Apply.
- Restart your PC.
- Keyboard only doing shortcuts
- Keyboard stuck in shortcut mode
- Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing
- Keyboard language change shortcut > Guide
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch > Guide
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android > Guide
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop > Guide
- My Keyboard has weird shortcuts [solved] > Forum - Keyboard
- How to type @ on keyboard: Mac, Windows, laptop
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- How to type the pipe character on Mac?
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard?
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Insert a tilde sign: on Mac, Windows
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- Backslash on Mac: UK, German, French, AZERTY keyboards
- Mac numpad: keyboard, shortcuts, emulator
- Type accented uppercase letters: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Backspace not working in Word: 365, 2016
- Acer function keys not working Windows 10
- Type an underscore sign: Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone
- How to change keyboard language on Acer laptop