Taking pictures or recording videos with your phone can quickly overwhelm your device's storage capacity and cause low memory alerts. One solution to this problem is to transfer the photos and videos to your PC. This way, you can keep your valuable memories on your PC, gain space, and speed up the processes on your mobile device. In this article, we show you the different ways you can connect your Android smartphone to your computer.
Connect via USB cable
Although it seems easy enough, sometimes it is not enough to connect one end of the cable that comes with your phone to the computer's USB. Many times we have to go into more complicated configurations of drivers, manufacturer's applications, etc. But let's take it one step at a time:
First of all, connect your Android phone to your PC using the USB cable. You will see a screen that says Upload files or Transfer files. Select the MTP or Media Transfer option.
By choosing that option your computer will create a folder where you can access your files.
If you're a Mac user, the system won't detect your smartphone on MTP but what you can do is to download the Android File Transfer. This is a simple tool created by Google that will allow you to manage your files.
You can download and install it from the official website by clicking here.
Connect using the manufacturer's own software
Most cell phone brands have their own software to manage the files you download to your computer. Here you can download the latest updates of these software:
- For Samsung cell phones click here.
- For Sony phones click here.
- For Xiaomi smartphones, click here.
- For LG phones, click here.
- For Huawei phones, click here.
Connect Via WiFi
The best way to transfer files without using cables is via WiFi, using the AirDroid application. You can download it for free by clicking here.
- How to connect your android to your computer
- Connect android phone to pc windows 10
- Connect android to pc wifi
- Use Android as a drawing pad for PC > Guide
- How to connect mobile internet in my window xp pc > Forum - Mobile
- How to connect ps4 to pc > Guide
- How to connect controller to pc gta 5 > Guide
- How to connect iphone to pc for internet > Guide
- Secret codes for Android phones
- Android IP address: check, changer
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- Show hidden files on Android
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- How to update apps on Android automatically
- Manage and organize apps on Android
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- Display contact number list: with name
- Use AirPods with an Android phone
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage
- How to turn off Android music player
- How to Enable the Equalizer on VLC For Android
- Disable in-app purchases: Android
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- Disable images in Chrome Android: 2020, 2019
- Download videos from websites: Chrome, iPhone, app
- How to install APK files on Android
- Update the Google Play Store app
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- Enable content filtering on the Google Play Store
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- How to update Android auto
- Clear system cache on Android
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- How to delete all tags in Shazam: Android
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- XAPK file: installer, means, format
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- How to hide apps on Android
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- How To Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy
- Add subtitles to a video on Android for free
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- How to get GPS location on Android
- How to unlock Android without internet
- Block camera and microphone on google chrome: Android
- How to block ads on Android
- Turn off Autocorrect on Android
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- Remote TV apps for Android
- Android emulators for PC
- How to display popup reminders on Android?
- How to deactivate Safe Mode on Android
- How to move apps to a memory card?