As we have become accustomed, Apple went all out to present their new lineup of iPhones, Apple Watches and the new AirPods Pro 2. You can watch the whole 1h30 stream if you want, but in this guide we'll look at everything that was released at Apple's "Far Out" event.
iPhone 14 & iPhone 14 Plus
The main reveal of this Apple event was the new iPhone 14. It isn't a big leap from the iPhone 13, the price even remains the same at $799, however they have now removed the Mini version of the iPhone, which some users may be disappointed with. Apple are focusing on larger designs, with the iPhone 14 having at 6.1 inch screen, and the iPhone 14 Plus a 6.7 inch screen. These models run on an A15 bionic chip, similar to the last generation, however there is now a 5-core GPU which should improve performance. The main camera is 12MP as before, but this time there is a larger sensor which will further improve low-light photos. The iPhone 14 Plus has the larger 6.7 inch screen, and also a larger battery to power it, but besides that it is the same as the regular iPhone 14.
iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone Pro Max
Like the regular iPhone 14, the iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max will not increase in price, which is a welcome surprise in today's economy. These new models feature a 4-nanometer A16 Bionic chipset that is the power centre for both of these models. There are also considerable improvements to the camera, such as a 48MP main camera, and improved motion stabilisation. The notch has been removed on these models and instead a new "Dynamic Island" cutout appears. The Pro models will include an Emergency SOS via satellite feature, allowing you to contact emergency services via satellite when you are out of cellular range. The price starts at $999 for the Pro model and $1099 for the Pro Max.
Apple Watch Series 8
The new Apple Watch Series 8 has several new features, such as temperature sensors for tracking ovulation cycles, crash detection for when driving (which is similar to their fall detection), a low-power mode that extends battery life between charges and more. Following the watchOS 9 update, Apple will add new Watch Faces, a reinvigorated Workout app and a medication app. The Apple Watch is available in 2 different finishes, Aluminium (midnight, starlight, silver and (PRODUCT) RED) and Stainless steel (silver, gold, and graphite).The Apple Watch Series 8 is priced from $399 (£419).
Apple Watch Ultra
Apple have finally revealed the presumed Apple Watch Pro, which is officially called the Apple Watch Ultra. This watch is designed for adventurers and extreme sports enthusiasts. It includes, 36 hours battery life on a single charge, built in cellular capabilities, improved microphones and speakers for outdoor environment, improved GPS accuracy that rivals its competitors. There is also an action button that can be used for switching between workout modes (perfect for triathletes), and increased water resistance rating (WR100), allowing for 40 meter dives. The Apple Watch Ultra will cost $799.
AirPods Pro 2
The much anticipated follow up to the original AirPods Pro. The new AirPods Pro will have an H2 silicon chip that will give an improved audio experience, with Personalised Spatial Audio being one of the main features. There will be a range of silicon ear tip sizes that will help you adapt the AirPods 2 Pro to you. The AirPods Pro 2 have 30hrs total listening time (when used with the charging case) and will have 6hrs autonomous battery life. There is also 2x more active noise cancellation than the previous version, and also an improved adaptive transparency mode (which adapts to the environment around you). The price is $249, which remains unchanged from the previous generation.
What are the release dates?
- The iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are available to pre order on the Apple website from the 9th September and will be available on the 16th September.
- The Apple Watch Series 8 and the Apple Watch Ultra are available to pre order now and will be available on the 23rd September.
- The Apple AirPods Pro 2 will be available to pre order on the 9th September for a 23rd September release.
- Apple Shutters Web Store Ahead of Event
- Apple WWDC 2022: MacBook Air, date, keynote, event > Guide
- Apple m1x > Guide
- Apple iphone 13 release date > Guide
- Tiktok unable to authorize apple id > Forum - TikTok
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Apple AirTags: range, battery life, features
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- Recover a draft email on iPhone: not saved, dissappeared
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to restore missing App Store icon on iPhone/iPod
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- Сonnect AirPods to PC, Macbook
- How to sync iPod without removing existing songs
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- How to reinstall Cydia: on jailbroken iPhone
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- How to change your Apple ID country or region
- Raise to listen: iPhone, not working, feature
- How to set screen timeout: Apple Watch
- How to sync mail to iPhone: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- Save website to iPhone home screen: Safari, iOS 13
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- Clean AirPods: pro, case, microphone
- How to change the PIN code on your iPhone?
- How to turn off Safari suggestions: iPhone, iPad, Mac
- Unlock iCloud account: activation lock, apps
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel
- How to turn off Dial Assist on iPhone
- How to copy URL in Safari on iPhone
- How to set up internet on iPhone
- Sync your iPhone with your PC or Mac: iTunes, iCloud, Finder
- How to turn off autocorrect on iPhone?
- How to turn on flash for notifications iPhone
- Disable the upload of burst photos on iPhone 6
- How to reset location and privacy on iPhone and iPad
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Use Apple wallet: to pay, for tickets
- Turn AirPods into a speaker
- How to update iPhone 5: to latest iOS
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Backup your iPhone: to iCloud, Mac, PC
- How to turn off keyboard and lock sound on iPhone
- Backup SMS from iPhone: to computer, Google Drive
- Find my iPhone: iCloud, Apple, lost mode
- Create an iPhone ringtone from MP3: without iTunes, online
- How to force quit apps on iPhone, iPad, macOS
- How to hide your caller ID on iPhone
- How to download and select a ringtone on iPhone
- Apple iPhone medical ID: create, login, access
- How to enable text dictation: iPhone and iPad
- How to clear cache on iPhone and iPad
- Record iPhone screen: on video, with or without sound
- How to restart your iPhone
- How to use the Game Center on iPhone
- How to view photos and sync a photo album on Apple Watch?
- How to save webpage as PDF on iPhone: iOS 14, iOS 12
- How to turn off ads on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off Siri: iPhone, iPad
- How to delete Siri history on iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV, Watch
- How to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting?
- Apple iOS 16: update, new features, release date